Some of you know that I reside in the Tar Heel State, if you didn't, well then now you do. And I have taken several trips up and down the east coast but I had never actually stopped in Washington D.C.!
So . . . in honor of my 30 before 30 list . . . my best friend (also a teacher) offered to go with me yesterday.
AND, although I was still sore from my accident, I decided that I REALLY wanted to go anyway.
We drove up, took the metro and walked around for hours AND we had SO much fun!
Here I am in my favorite part of the National Museum of Natural History, the DINOSAURS! They were SO cool!
I must lament, however, that I only took a total of FOUR pictures. I guess I was just too excited to remember my camera!
And here is my field trip reflection:
1. I am an AMAZING map reader. (This is INSANE because I get lost in my own town all the time)
2. There is NO "Smithsonian Museum" there are 19!
3. The metro can be as much fun as the Himalaya.
4. The National Mall is NOT a place to go shopping.
5. You have to PAY to LEAVE the metro station.
6. You really should wear backs on your earrings.
7. If you live in DC you MUST drive a black car.
8. When driving in DC, keep one hand on the HORN at all times.
9. Security Guards will NOT tell you how long it would take for you to get tackled on the White House lawn.
10. SAM's are the kindest people ever, but the Metro Station workers are pretty kind too.
Have a great week everyone! :)
And . . . if you haven't checked out my new blog, you SO should!